The prospect of you, your child, or another family member being diagnosed with an eating disorder can be frightening and confusing. Often, people are given conflicting information, adding to the confusion.
Willamette Nutrition Source, is a private nutrition consulting business. I specialize in medical nutrition therapy for eating disorders including: anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorders, eating disorders not otherwise specified (EDNOS), and other disorders such as metabolic syndrome and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). I also provide information and counseling about low glycemic index and anti-inflammatory diets.
Where to Turn
If you have a loved one with an eating disorder, I can provide you with:
- Up-to-date and factual information about eating disorders
- Treatment options as part of a multidisciplinary team that includes your medical and mental health providers
- Information about how you can support a person diagnosed with an eating disorder
- An environment that is compassionate and understanding
Eating Disorder Recovery is Possible
Research shows that eating disorders are not a personal or a lifestyle choice; they have a strong genetic and biological component and treatment can be effective. I believe that eating disorders are best overcome with social support and, in the case of pediatric patients, the family.
Focus and Area of Specialty
- Eating disorders in children, adolescents, and adults
- Eating issues in children
- Family meal issues
- Nutrition needs in drug and alcohol recovery
- Continuing medical education, nutrition counseling, and intervention
and training for other health care professionals related to nutrition
- Nutrition counseling and intervention for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
and Metabolic Syndrome
- Parent Support Groups
- Coordination of outpatient care
- Support for those returning to their community from residential programs